For 2008, the winner of the John Easson Award will be awarded with a free entry to the Tunnock’s Tour of Mull rally, a free ferry to the Isle of Mull from Scotland, free fuel for their rally car during the rally and 8 tyres to use on the event. The organizers are actively seeking a tyre partner for the award, and would be pleased to hear from companies that would like to be involved with the prestigious and well publicised John Easson Award.
As in previous years, not only does the panel’s selected winner have the chance to compete on the legendary Tour of Mull, but also the trip of a lifetime to the world famous John Haugland Rally School on a frozen lake in Norway next winter. The Norway trip (date to be confirmed) will include 4 days of tuition on advanced rally driving technique from John and his expert team, worth over £3000.
The final selection process remains the same as in 2007, with the top three applicants for the award being invited to an interview with a panel of judges who will decide the overall John Easson Award 2008 winner.
Award manager Dave Bateson added: “We would like to see an increase in the amount of entries we receive from across the whole of the UK and Ireland. It’s a fantastic prize and all entries will be equally considered regardless of the entrant’s home nation!”
The award is free to enter and open to all drivers who fit the following criteria:
- Age under 25 on October 10th 2008, the first day of the 2008 Tunnock’s Tour of Mull
- Resident in the British Isles, including Northern and Southern Ireland
- Entry received by 2300 Club by 1st August 2008
Drivers who wish to enter should send the following details as a minimum to the award manager:
- A current motorsport CV outlining experience and results to date
- Video footage from a rally or test session from OUTSIDE the car; i.e. spectator or TV footage, not in or on car footage.
- A covering letter explaining why the panel should select them as winner and their aims for their future in rallying
- A reference letter from any 3rd party
John Easson Award
10 Barleybale Road
The winner will be notified by telephone after the closing date with the results released to the national motorsport press.
2007: Alick Kerr, Scotland
2006: Ryan Borthwick, Scotland
2005: Stevie Brown, Aberdeen
2004: George Collister, Isle of Man